Monday, March 7, 2011

FOUR RECENT CONVERSATIONS


I AM PLANNING IN THE NEAR FUTURE ON DOING SOMETHING REALLY WELL FOR A VERY LONG TIME

D: Go brush your teeth.

Z: I would but . . . the next time I do it, I’m going to do it really well--and it will take me 12 years.

IMPRECISION IS THE ENEMY

Z: Did you know when Daddy first moved to Chicago a long time ago, he lived in a neighborhood and it was dangerous?

L: I did. Albany Park.

Z: What?

L: It was called Albany Park.

Z: Guess it should have been called I Got A Lot of Guns Park.

THE RULES OF PUNCTUATION

Z: I think I will put a period right there [points at my forehead]

L: Why’s that?

Z: Because you’re not . . . very exciting.

UNCOMFORTABILITY: THE NEW SUPERPOWER

L: So you’re going to be Aquagirl for your school project! Are you going to dress up like her?

Z: Just the shirt.

L: What does Aguagirl do? I don’t even know.

Z: Well "aqua" means water. And her superpower is she makes everybody around the whole wide world feel awkward.

1 comment:

  1. My heart just filled up and up and up and ran over and filled my shoes and is flooding the entire room with love for the exquisite genius cuteness that you and Daybed have created. Much needed.

    ReplyDelete