Friday, April 15, 2011

A BRIEF BUT INSPIRING THREE-QUESTION INTERVIEW



L: I have an interview and I have to get three questions over to my friend because he's waiting.

Z: Well, just give them to me and I'll tell you the answers.

L: I'm sorry?

Z: Go on. Just ask me. I can tell you what you need to know.

L: Uh . . . okay. Well, why are some of your poems easy to understand and others aren't?

Z: Because I'm unique.

L: Oh.

Z: I said I would give you the answers and I was right, wasn't I?

L: You were.

Z: Well what's the second question?

L: The second question is, 'What do you think makes a good poem?'

Z: A good poem is . . . your way.

L: Oooh, that's a good answer.

Z: I told you, see? I'm giving you everything you need. What's the last one?

L: The last one is 'What are you working on now?'

Z: What am I working on now?

L: Yeah, what are you working on?

Z: Oh. [Nods] My work is writing. [Slower and louder.] WRI-TING. That's my work.

2 comments: